Thursday, September 9, 2010

Last day of Ramadan.

RAMADAN ...


As the last days to Ramadan near, i can feel my shield of iman weakening. None the less, as i look back at this month it has been one of the greatest Ramadans for me. It began when i was doing my internship at RIM, with the long hours and sometimes night shifts, it was truly a test. Even though i don't have family in Waterloo, it was amazing to spend time with my friends and Fast with them their. I remember we would share each others food that our mothers had made. Start our fast at Tim Horton's, and sometimes break at the mosque, where would share stories as we shared the food and love. Sharing, laughing, and working hard, was the story of Ramadan in Waterloo. I want to thank all my friends for the amazing experience.

The other half of my Ramadan was spent at home. This was the easy part, but also fun because i went to iftar parties where Muslims of different nationalities came, again we all brought our traditional foods for every one to share. I learned a lot about many cultures from Afghanistan, Egypt, India, Bangladesh. Most importantly i learned how important it is to share not only our food, but our differences and values our teachings, because that brings people together, the understanding of one another.

As i write this now i am in my new place, back at university. Even here i have had great experiences. Just yesterday i was invited to my Saudi friends house, whom i have not known for too long. I didn't know what to expect but i went in with a slight hesitation, because the place was very fancy and i didn't feel like i brought enough stuff. But as soon as i went in i was felt so welcomed. They made plenty of food for the time to break fast. We all eat from one big plate and shared everything, i'm in love with Saudi culture and food now. And don't even get me started on the shesha they had. I learned a little bit of their language and they mine. They asked me to come to their country sometime and i promised i will. Saudis are nice people.

It is sad that this precious month of Ramadan is closing up on us, but we have to imply what we learned from this month and put it in effect in our every day life. My top lessons are SHARING, CARING,RESPECT, AND GIVE THANKS FOR WHAT YOU HAVE.

Please donate to my cause because giving is a part of Ramadan too, and write in comments what you think of ramadan or how it was for you.

4 comments:

  1. Alhamduallah Ramadhan had been great for me.
    Mashallah you have learned a lot of valuable lessons and thanks a lot for sharing it bro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every year Ramadan has always been my favorite month. The best part about it is getting together with everyone. I am glad to hear how appreciative you are of everyone’s cultures. It’s nice to see that no matter how different we all are, we all can get together and accepts each others differences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MashAllah:) I am SO proud of you bhai. and so glad that you took out so much from this Blessed month. You are a great person, truly. May Allah (s.w.t) give you taufeek to continue being the great human & muslim you are, and may He always shower his endless blessings on you. You teach me so much from these blogs of yours:) SubhanAllah. I am extremly glad & proud that you are my brother:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It takes a true man to take it like a man when he knows he is right but takes the beating from his dad out of respect. A true man no matter how much he has thinks he is fortunate and a true brother to feel another Muslim brothers pain in Palestine. Our beloved prophet said if you cannot cannot worry for the religion then how can your call yourself part of that group. similarly, if you cannot feel the pain of your brother in hard times in Pakistan then how can your call it your brother.By taking your time out and doing the bare minimum to at least advertise the concern shows your a true Muslim and a true Pakistani. You are amongst the very few who are taking the responsibility to do something good and for that I salute you and consider you a real Pakistani and a muslim. Many other pakistanis and muslims I do not feel the same way and will never take that spot in my heart no matter what blood or relation we had or have. May Allah bless you and I mean it. Your a true brother yaar. Your little brother too when I see both of you posting links about pakistan and Islam eventhough that might not look good in the eyes of girls and other people or social objectives but to sacrifice for your people talks too much about your character as a loyal person.

    ReplyDelete