Monday, September 20, 2010

Update.

Since the end of Ramadan, my schedule has been really busy. So to be honest not much has been done. I have spread the word and a lot of prospects are out there. So far I have been promised $500 Cdn by one person, and $100 from another. So slowly but surely the amounts are adding up.

- A new dilemma, and a question for you. Should I register Youth for Pakistan as a non-profit organization, which will enable us to be recognized and be monitored by the Government of Canada? Here are the following key factors affecting our decision.

Pros:
- Have the status as a non-profit organization recognized by the government and society.
- Will enable us to eventually be able to give income-tax receipts (if we choose to also register as a charity).
- Opens doors with business and future organization plans.

Cons:
 - A lot of time, which I don't have right now.
 - A lot of money, which I don't have right now.
 - If I don't register, I can spend every penny that is donated on building a school.

Please give your input on what you think we should do?
I promise to blog very soon as another person is joining our Youth for Pakistan team :)

May Peace Be With You.

No comments:

Post a Comment